Thursday, June 24, 2010

Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Blue Stilton Burger




Oh my Gosh!  It is actually possible to get excited about a meatless burger. It's time to chalk up a point for the vegetarians out there.  I drizzled some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the portobello mushrooms before grilling them. Instead of using store bought hamburger buns which were ready to be toasted, my homemade focaccia called out to me and thought, why not go for it.  Again it's the little touches that can bring a dish to the next level.
The focaccia with the hint of garlic and rosemary worked well with the meaty portobello mushrooms, the grilled bell pepper,caramelized onions and the piéce de résistance, the blue Stilton cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Portobello mushrooms and balsamic vinegar were made for each other! Got a recipe for the focaccia? It looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie,
    Thanks for dropping in. I adapted the New York Times no-knead recipe for the focaccia. I simply add a heaping tablespoon of powdered malt,about three tablespoons of olive oil and about one and half cups of water to the original recipe. After the second rising,I dust the dough with some flour to help spread it on the prepared pizza pan. I really don't work the dough as you normally would.

    ReplyDelete